Friday, September 23, 2016

Year End Is Coming! I know, I know...

So this week has been a whirlwind, I started the week in Fargo at Reimagine and then headed over the Indianapolis for the inaugural BKD Women's Empowerment Conference.  I have to say that it was one of the most inspiring and energizing weeks I have had in a long time.  Starting out at Reimagine, it is always fun to reconnect with old friends and share in all of the great things we are doing collectively to move clients forward with their software.  And then at #BKDWomenLead, I got to spend 2 days with the women of our firm learning how to build momentum towards our own goals.  All in all a great week, and I am reminded how fun my job is!


And then I get the email from Terry Heley, reminding me that year end is indeed coming.  I always feel like September rounds the corner in to the downward slide that is year end.  So here is to being prepared!  So here are a few "heads up" tips as you look ahead:


  • Remember! Only supported versions for year end updates (1099s, W-2s, Tax Changes, etc) are GP 2013, GP2015, and GP2016.  That's it.  If you are on GP 2010 or earlier, you need to get upgraded now.
  • As we learned at Reimagine earlier this week, GP 2016 R2 will drop in the 4th quarter.  So the year end update for clients already on GP 2016 will move them to GP 2016 R2 (so the update and year end handled in one pass)

One of the most well-received pieces of news out of Reimagine earlier this week was the move back to an annual release cadence (instead of the more recent 6  month cadence).  So that means after GP 2016 R2 we won't see GP2017 until late in the new year.

Start your engines, the fun times are a'coming!


Christina Phillips is a Microsoft Certified Trainer and Dynamics GP Certified Professional. She is a director with BKD Technologies, providing training, support, and project management services to new and existing Microsoft Dynamics customers. This blog represents her views only, not those of her employer.



No comments: