Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Book Recommendations: Accounting for IT Professionals

I often get asked for book recommendations by IT folks who need/want to learn the language of accounting to better support their GP users.  I often do focused Dynamics GP trainings for IT professionals, to help them better support and manage their Dynamics GP system.  And I always recommend the same to books, so when I got asked the question again today, I thought I would share my standard recommendations.

McGraw-Hill 36 Hour Accounting Course
A great introduction, very thorough and concise.  And it's great because you can do a snippet at a time, working through it slowly.

Accounting for Dummies
I know this is a bit cliche, but it is a great "light" overview of accounting principles and terms.  A very easy read for those that might get bogged down in the McGraw Hill book.

Please feel free to add your own recommendations!

No comments: